We are celebrating our 13th Year of Baskets of Hope! Won’t you join us October 4th for our launch? Or any day between now and our Assembly Celebration [November 13th at 4 pm]? Join our HOPE mission!
The seed for Baskets of Hope was planted long ago in a little lady with a big heart – our co-founder – Tricia Heng. We can’t think of a better way to tell the story than to invite you to hear it from her personally in a video that was recorded before she went to be with the Lord:
See Video: Baskets of Hope
In 2002, when this outreach began, a question helped motivate us to live out the challenge in Matthew, Chapter 25: “If our church or organization closed down today, would people in our community miss us? Would they even notice we were gone?”
During the past 13 years more than 5,000 people have received food and hope, but it all started with one basket filled by a few people! Tricia called those people “many one persons.” When many one persons get together and do a little, God does amazing things. Hope does not disappoint!
Food collected during Baskets of Hope is distributed to families in the areas of Pembroke Pines, Miramar and Weston including but not limited to people going through a challenging time of life, struggling families, veterans, elderly, the sick, widows, people generally in need of HOPE.
Our desire is to do more than just drop off a basket during the holiday. Our Bread of Life Food Pantry
continues during the entire year assisting families on a short term basis with food, clothing, resources and more.
We all need help through a challenging time of life! And we need to know that God sees our struggle. Several families who received a Basket of Hope in past years are now helping others through serving at A Place in Time. Others have started their own version of Baskets of Hope and one church even started its own food pantry to help serve the need in Western Broward County. That is our dream. That this would go North South East and West and many would find hope. Our community needs to know God is real. He hasn’t forgotten anybody. He sees our struggles. We are merely His messengers showing His love in action.
So… how can YOU get involved?
1. Fill or Sponsor one or several Baskets of Hope! Each basket is family-sized and lasts for several days during the holidays. Our shopping list is at the bottom of this page. We receive donations at the Center Tues-Fri by appointment 954-435-7474! Or you can click our donation link above and search for the Baskets of Hope category.
2. Come to the Center and get a free HOPE-Sack and inspire 5 people to join you in filling 5 baskets. Hope is contagious and doing this together changes your group. Neighbors. Friends. Co-workers. Be an Ambassador of Hope by pulling people together for HOPE. Each sack contains 5 grocery bags and brochures with menus and information about Baskets of Hope. Need more than one sack? No problem. We’ll distribute these at our Launch October 4 and will keep giving them away until they are gone! Call today for your HOPE Sack.
3. Donate gift cards in $10 increments from stores where a recipient can buy a turkey or pie or other fixings that can complete the basket. Publix, Winn Dixie and Wal-Mart are local to our area.
4. Make a General Online Gift on our donation link so that we can keep the doors open to support the mission and also buy what is needed when all the donations are in! We are 100% driven by faithful volunteer servants. Thank you for supporting us.
5. Come to A Place in Time on November 13th from 4-8 pm as we assemble all these Baskets of Hope and celebrate all that God is doing through Many One Persons! It’s a HOPE party.
6. Pray! Hope begins with prayer! If you have a prayer team or group that is willing to pray for this mission, THANK YOU! If you would let us know that you are praying for us, we would love it. This encourages us greatly — firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHOPPING LIST TO FILL ONE BASKET OF HOPE:
2 Boxes of Stuffing
1 Can Cranberry Sauce
2 Boxes Mashed Potatoes
2 Jars Gravy
2 Cans Sweet Potatoes
2 Cans Corn
2 Cans String Beans
1 Pancake Mix
2 Muffin Mixes
1 Jar of Jelly or Preserves
2 Cans of Fruit
1 Hot Chocolate
1 Bag Marshmallows